Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Things That Really Grind My Geeeeeahs

Its a busy day at the center today. A wonderous time is being had undoing things that have been previously undone by undoers before me. Therefore there just isn't much time for a real, high-quality post today. Instead, I'll be writing about, you guessed it, Frank Stallone!!! Umm, no, I mean, things that really grind my geeeeeeahs!

All Grind Rates are rated out of 11...because I said so.

Ignorant Educators
I work for a center which prides itself on designing innovative educational solutions which introduce technology to the classroom. Many times when parents/friends/hobos/principals hear about technology in the classroom they gasp and say, "Oh, that will never work. Kids are already too distracted before bringing in computers" (because, of course, technology == computers...always). Those types of reactions always made me wonder, "Why do people hate classroom technology so much?" Then I read an article about how some researchers believe technology will reshape America's classroom and I, too, get all stabby inside.

"Why would we ever buy a book when we can buy a computer? Textbooks are often obsolete before they are even printed, " said Debra Socia, principal of the school in Dorchester.

It's so true Debra. I cannot count how many times I have integrated 4x + 7 only to be forced to reintegrate when the rules of calculus changed...don't you just hate that?

Grinding Rating: All the e's in my Calculus I & II books

Summer
I know you mock me. Watching me, judging me...stop looking at me!!!

Grind Rating: 4 e's

Bowser
I defeated you near the Battlerock Galaxy last night. I won fair and square by spinning and hitting you in the tail. However, you flew away even though you promised this would be our last battle. I believe you to be some sort of "cheater" and would very much like you to return Princess Peach.

Grind Rating: 6 e's, 74 star bits and a hungry Luma


gAy-Rod
gAy-Rod, do you know where you are? Can you tell me what year it is? Oh, whew, I was hoping that was the case. gAy-Rod seems to believe it to be 1988 not 2008. This story I just saw on CNN about him rounding the bases (yes, I went there) with Madonna makes so much more sense now

Grind Rating: - z e's | z = number of World Series rings on gAy-Rod's fingers

CNN
Things happening in the world: Crumbling economy, plane crashes, presidential election, wildfires.
Things I see on CNN for 10 min at 8AM: A-Rod's wife blames Madonna for divorce

Seriously? For realz?

Grind Rating: an e for every hair in Wolf Blitzer's beard

No comments: