Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Things That Really Grind My Geeeeeahs

Well, today's D-Day. I begin teaching my first college course today, CIS 115 Introduction to C Programming (I know its hard but, ladies, please keep your clothes on). I'm a tad nervous but the fact that my main goal of the day is to deter cheating in my class it could be worse. There are bigger things to attend however and it's time to grind some geahhhhhhhs!

All Grind Rates are rated out of 11...because I said so.

Rodney Harrison (SS), New England Patriots
Strong safety...Pro-Bowler...All-Pro...Future Hall of Famer...Captain...Dumbest man alive.

The Patriots best defensive player, Asante Samuel, holds out for the entire preseason leaving people to question the strength of the secondary. Then, before the final preseason game, he agrees to terms and will be returning to play corner alongside you, the captain of the team...yay, all is well is Patriot-town.

But, wait...you what? You used HGH, a banned substance by the NFL? So now will be suspended for a quarter of the season? And you paid with your freakin' credit card? It's one thing to cheat and be a moron in that respect. But jesus, man, you make millions of dollars a year, you couldn't give the guy cash?

Yet another reason college athletes need to stay in school.
Grinding Rating: 7 e's

Looping
You're an ass
Grind Rating: 7 e's

Rochester Institute of Technology's CS Department
Billy Doeswhathessupposedtodo isn't allowed to teach at RIT because he doesn't have a Master's degree because they won't give it to him because I'm 99% sure Kevin Federline runs the department
Grind Rating: 9,000 e's

UMD...WTF?

I attained a Master's degree this past summer...from UMD. A month ago I was approached, by UMD, to teach a programming course...at UMD. A couple of weeks ago I received a notice that I'd been hired as a part time lecturer at (you guessed it!), UMD. So it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination for me to assume that I should be able to log onto our university info database doo hickey called COIN (worst invention since Hitler) as a faculty member. But, alas, I log in (without problem, mind you) to find a window popping up saying that I do not have access for this content. After calling I found out that UMD has no record of me being listed as faculty in the computing system...faaaaantastic.

At least I take solace that the UMD server is down on the first day of classes...take that university faculty trying to get their class rosters, muhahahaha!!!

Oh crap...that's me.
Grind Rating: a never ending bit-stream of e's

No comments: