Thursday, September 13, 2007

So Angry

I'm not one to make enemies very easily. I have only one arch-nemesis (who drives a silver Peugeot station wagon at a pace so slow he actually travels back in time) and he doesn't even know he's my arch-nemesis! Therefore, when someone becomes angered with me I take it to heart and really try to smoooooth over the situation. Right now you must be going up the walls thinking, "Who the hell is this guy that has the nerve to hate a poor, innocent geek?" Well, loyal readers it's someone who is all knowing in the ways just as I am, and knows how to get way down (waaaaay down) to the core of my being.

It's my being.

Ha, I tricked you. You thought this post was were my blog becomes some amazingly dark quest to rid the world of some anti-Uber Geek. In which we battle through time and (i'm using italics a lot today) space finding who is the superior, dominant geek blogger (I'd win by the way). You were wrong. I'm just gonna bitch and complain about my body being extremely pissed at the way I've been treating it this week.

I'll preface my description of the hellacious (great word) by saying (for my own, future benefit) that I am no longer 21. This whole staying up 'til the wee hours and then getting 4 hrs of sleep and doing it all over again just isn't for me anymore. And I'm not even doing fun stuff! Back when I was younger (I'm old just for saying that) I'd be up late going to parties, playing out in a band, bar hopping, doing awesomely dumb things ("...wanna know what would be a great idea? Let's take those huge 10ft. posters from the commuter cafe!"...yes, at 2AM one day we actually did that) and just basically relaxing having fun with my buddies (ah, the 453 days). This week I've just been up late writing a journal paper (stupid words) and preparing for class (I've changed curriculum again, at this rate by the end of class I'll just end up teaching them MatLab...mmm, MatLab).

So my body, currently being fueled by Pepsi Max (a great thing almost on par with the dew...i know, that's programmer blasphemy, but it's close) and some Lance Armstrong energy gummy cubes (from Nathan "Mountain Man" Buczek, of course), is quite angry with me. Today it's taking out it's rage by giving me 1) a runny nose, 2) light-head, 3) ADH...what was I talking about? But it's allllll worth it because this weekend begins a glorious time of what I like to call a "I get free time to do fun things for the first time in months". This next phase kicks off this weekend with the following activities:

  • Center grand opening (complete with wine and food!)
  • Uber girlfriend comes home (I know...I don't know how I have a girlfriend either)
  • Annual Pool St. yard sale (always so much fun and full of stupid things to buy)
  • Beer brewing summit with da Meech
  • RA in Northampton (if you don't know RA = Ryan Adams you may be on my arch nemesis list)
The RA show is in Northampton at night, however, so my body will be pretty pissed again on Monday. But no worries red and white bloods cells, we get to sleep now!!! Real, honest to God 8hr sleep! No more 2AM paper sessions (ok, probably, but not right now). No more 18 hour work days (ok, probably, but not right now?). If I deprive you of sleep in the next few weeks you'll just be having so much fun you won't even realize how its affecting your sleep cycle!

Oh what a time to be alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A former Sub-Standard Times buddy and current Boston Herald lackey was at the Northampton RA show, too! Did he play everything from whatever his 2009 album will be?