Monday, August 27, 2007

The New Spokesperson for US Education

I've worked in the field of educational research for over 7 years now building math education software. As a project, our goal has always been to democratize access to high-level mathematics. Calculus concepts are not just for hifalutin learned folks, most normal students can understand it given the proper instruction. Of course, proper instruction is normally the problem with today's school systems. We here at the center have long been looking for some kind of spokesperson who could articulate the reasoning and results of having such poor teaching techniques.

Miss Teen South Carolina is that spokesperson



Why can't kids can't find the US on a map? Because they don't have them and the US education system doesn't help South Africa, Asia and Iraq enough.

I've been saying that for years.

3 comments:

Julie said...

What an eloquent and well-informed young role model. (Please tell me she didn't win.)

Anonymous said...

I guess my comment on this didn't go through... so I will say it again: I wish she would die, immediately. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

and another thing... look at Mario's face when she's done. He is in shock and awe of her stupidity.